Sunday, April 27, 2014

24 Hour Read-a-thon - Hour 24

So I managed to fall asleep for a while, which is not too surprising. I'm pretty happy with my overall progress this challenge, though!

This hour
Book read: The Underdog by Marcus Zusak
Pages read: 53
Time spent reading: 33 minutes
Food and drink consumed: 

Total
Books read: Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner, Dodger by Terry Pratchett, Battling Boy by Paul Pope, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski, FBP by Simon Oliver, The Underdog by Marcus Zusak
Pages read: 1043 (plus 1 disc)
Time spent reading: 8 hours 41 minutes

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 20, clearly, because I fell asleep ;)
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Maggot Moon was a quick and captivating read. Also, I added graphic novels to my list this year, which definitely helps time (and page count) fly.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I'd love to see start times change each Read-a-thon (ie not always 8-8 for US east coast)/
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved having people cheer me on on Twitter.
  5. How many books did you read?4 complete, 2 partial
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner (complete), Dodger by Terry Pratchett, Battling Boy by Paul Pope (complete), The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (complete), FBP by Simon Oliver (complete), The Underdog by Marcus Zusak
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Winner's Curse - so. damn. good!
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Battling Boy just wasn't my style
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would love to read again. Hopefully I won't have to work on the same day.

1 comment:

  1. 4 complete and 2 partial is very good, that's awesome! And I had to work on the same day too, and I think it'd be nice next time if I really just had the full day off.
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete