Saturday, April 26, 2014

Let the 24 Hour Readathon Begin!


It's that time of year again - that time when I (and many others across the internet) ignore everything for 24 hours and just READ! I sadly can't just drop everything, since I have to work today, but I will be doing as much reading as possible.

This is my third time participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. I have far, far too many books stacked up, waiting to be read. So many, in fact, that I'm sure I could read for a WEEK straight and still have plenty left.

I'll be trying to update here hourly (not really until after 5pm eastern, though, since work), and I'll be on Twitter as well.

And to get me started, here is the kick-off meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm just outside Boston, MA.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably The Winner's Curse. I've been hearing so much good buzz about it!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Thai food for dinner!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a Young Adult librarian (which is why the majority of the books I'll read tonight are YA).
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my third readathon. The biggest thing, I think, is to remember to get up and walk around frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment